Friday, October 15, 2010

One of two big days:)

Well, 4 years ago I married my man :) On October 7, 2006 I became Mrs. Jeremy Blue Bryan and I haven't stopped smiling about it. I can not BELIEVE it has been 4 years!!! It has flown by. To celebrate our anniversary (well, one of our marriage/wedding anniversaries - I will explain that in a minute) we asked a sweet friend of our's, Mallory, to come keep Campbell for us. Campbell LOVES her so we knew she would be completely on board with getting us out of the house:) We decided to go to dinner and then just go downtown and grab some gellato and walk around and enjoy the scenery. Greenville has an AWESOME downtown! If you have never been you are totally missing out. We had so much fun!!! It was so much fun to sit at dinner and spend as much time talking and enjoying our meal as we wanted! And we had such a sweet time walking around downtown together. I love that man. I love him so much. It is such a blessing to know that I can be completely truthful in saying that he is my best friend and I have more fun with him than with anyone else. I love being his wife.
Ok, so I can already hear the comments coming from my friends who know our story. Long story short, in early November of 2006, about a month after our wedding, we grew concerned because we still had not recieved our Marriage Certificate in the mail. While we were away at a youth conference Blue asked me to call and find out what the deal was while he was in a meeting. After exchanging several phone calls they finally called with the answer....."Oh, we figured out what happened.........you are not legally married." What???? Excuse me?? And they said it so casually! Apparently our marriage license (in NC you have to apply for this prior to the wedding) had expired 6 days before we got married. The one time in my life I was actually pro-active it totally bit me in the butt. Me: "Well, what are we suppose to do??" Them: "You just need to come downtown and get remarried." Awesome. So now we are on staff at a church and apparently shackin' up. I feel good. Really good. So to celebrate my birthday on November 17th we headed downtown and got remarried. They asked us if we wanted to be a part of the group ceremony where are group of couples go into a room and the pastor marries all of them at one time. Honestly, I kind of wanted to just to experience it! HA! I kept telling Blue before we sealed the deal again that this was his out - if you have had any second guesses over the past month here is your chance, haha. I guess that is the mark of true love - when you marry the same girl twice in two months :)

Blue and I downtown on October 7, 2010 - FOUR YEARS!!

A few wedding pictures from the big day........well, the first big day:)

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! What a story! Love your new hair too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete