Sunday, July 3, 2011

Back into the Swing of Things

You know, as I wrote that title I realized how ridiculous it actually was. Isn't it kind of impossible to really feel like you are getting back into the swing of things until you actually know what the "swing" is?? Because in all reality Blue and I are totally still flying by the seat of our pants. I still have no idea what our new routine is.  Piper will be 3 weeks old on Thursday so we are  definitely still in that "newborn unpredictable night sleep" schedule, which then translates into the "daytime I'm so tired and want to take a nap but feel like I should clean something" schedule. I know that this time period was hard when we had Campbell, but it's funny how the Lord sort of blocks that out before you have the second child. Well, we now remember:) But I am not lying when I say we are still having so much fun and are so thankful to have a reason to be figuring it all out. I feel so unbelievably blessed. Holding that precious little girl is worth every under-eye dark circle I have. Tonight I was just looking at Piper, Campbell and Blue while we were hanging out in the bonus room and was just in awe thinking how blessed I am to have them. I love them so, so much.

Campbell is adjusting really well to being a big sister!!! She loves to give Piper her paci and help give her her bottle. We definitely still have our moments where she is having to learn to share or moments when I need 20 more blankets of protection around Piper's little body because Campbell doesn't realize she can't use Piper's head as the means to push herself off the couch, but I know that will come with time:) She really is doing so good. I was so, so concerned about that. I just did not want Campbell to feel pushed aside and was so worried that she would struggle with jealousy, but everything has been going great!! We have just been trying to focus on keeping her involved in what we are doing with Piper and in making sure we give her special attention while Piper is sleeping. But I mean really, why was I ever worried?? Campbell is a rock star:)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you all are doing wonderfully - despite the dark eye circles and daytime need for naps when you also want to clean. ;) I can't wait to meet little Piper. So happy for you. Love you lots!
    - Kat

    ReplyDelete