Thursday, December 31, 2009

Campbell Brooke Bryan

Here are a few of her newborn pictures that I never posted.......































I just wanted to take a minute to write about my little girl. I love her so much it is ridiculous. Blue and I both are completely obsessed with her. It is so much fun to see her grow and watch her learn and experience new things. She has been trying so hard lately to roll back over from her stomach to her back. She has constantly been automatically flipping over to her stomach whenever we lay her down and then once she gets there she either goes to sleep or after a minute goes into a freak out mode. She can’t figure out how she got there or what she needs to do to roll back over on her back. But yesterday she rolled back over for the first time!! YAY!! We are so proud of her. Sadly, neither one of us actually saw her do it – we just know that she had rolled back over on her back. I think she is going to be sitting up on her own really soon – at least in a tri-pod stance. You can tell she is so determined to do it. She has moments where she just wants to be so independent – she just wants us to put her on her play mat or in her swing and let her be. But then a moment later she just wants to be held and cuddled by one of us – which makes me more than happy: ). She definitely knows what she wants. When she smiles it completely melts my heart. Blue and I will give her anything she wants when she looks at us with that big sweet smile. Hopefully we will get a little stronger in that area :). She has been laughing a lot lately. Blue and I will get so excited when we find something that makes her laugh and then when we do it again she looks at us like she is saying, “I’m over it. Seriously, find something new to do.” It is amazing how ridiculous you will act, even in public, to get your infant to laugh. Totally worth it though. She loves to make noises with her mouth, suck on her fingers and try her hardest to fit her entire hand in her mouth. She has definitely discovered her hands and her feet and will sit and play with them all day. She loves to sit and hold on to little toys and play with them until they eventually end up in her mouth – along with everything else in arms reach. She loves things that light up and make noises – especially this glow worm that her Nana and Poppy got her for Christmas. She fell asleep hugging it the other night and started to whine when I took it away. I feel guilty saying this, but one of my favorite faces she makes is when she is about to cry and she pooches out her bottom lip. It is so cute it is completely ridiculous. I know I should not like it because she is apparently sad or frustrated when she makes it but if you saw it you would totally agree.
Anyway, I know this post is somewhat random, but I was just sitting here thinking about this sweet and amazing blessing in my life and wanted to write a little about her life right now. I have always heard that you will not be aware of the true capacity you have to love another until you have a child. It is so true. The Lord has blessed me beyond reason. Words can not describe the love I have for her. I just pray that He will continue to mold and make me into the mother that she deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment